Foursquare is an web application that helps you find new ways to explore the city. The more you check into your favorite restaurant, coffee shop or gym, the more points you earn. Every restaurant, coffee shop or favorite place will have special discounts or freebies for those who check-in the most and eventually become the mayor of the place.
Free side at Burgers House, Free beer at Southern Bar, Ann Taylor: 15% off for checking in and 25% off if you’re mayor for example.
My Bizarro FourSquare Girlfriend
I began to think; “How this Foursquare has it all wrong if I use my girlfriend point of view about relationships and couple’s communication”. Here are my findings;
- I DO have to check in with my girlfriend and tell her where, when and with Whom at least twice per day
- SHE doesn’t necessarily have to check in with me. Even if I asked her to
- I DO have to invite her to whatever I’m doing after I have Checked In.
- SHE will not be interested in joining me 80% of the time
- I DO NOT get a discount or freeby or points after check-in with her several times per day
- SHE just don’t want to have sex, have a headache, pay for anything and it is always my fault
Instead of using Foursquare to define your relationship use it to pick people up
Foursquare has a Ratio Finder is a map showing men/women or women/men ration for different places. There is something to be said avoid basic rules of marketing; high demand, low competition.
Here are some findings;
- Yoga places have a 89% female attendance.
- Museums across the board tend to have more guys checking in (surprisingly)
- Ben and Jerry’s has a 75% attendance of women. Especially during those days
- Nearly every Hotel Bar has more Guys
Are You Using Foursquare To Avoid Your Ex? Well that is a topic for another day
image by : mbonte.com