Blind dates are becoming the norm nowadays with the rise of internet dating sites. It could be stressful to meet a stranger that might be a potential life partner. Generally, speaking most people go to restaurants for the first date, a blind date. Shields are up and masks on while going through the process of trying to enjoy a meal while controlling stomach noises or potential food accidents.
It is a stressful time for men and women.
Instead, do something fun. Remember, fun, fun, fun, shut up and engage rule of dating. Girlfriendpedia does not recommend going to a restaurant for a blind date. Some women see a blind date as an investment of time since the baby clock is ticking. Therefore, a blind date in a restaurant could come across as a job interview … a job for life.
Relax and enjoy the date by being yourself. You don’t want to set up a trap or raise the expectations so high it will be stressful to keep up with when things are not so pretty or perfect.
For the first meeting, suggest going to places such as;
- Interesting Places – Any location that gives the couple the opportunity to talk, move around and provides something interesting to refer to during awkward silences. Locations such as; art galleries, botanical garden, parks, promenade or an open-air concert
- Partner Dancing Lessons – Highly recommended to break the ice. Since you are being instructed to hold your date in your arms and concentrate in each other’s body signals, this could be a good way to start your night. After an hour of holding each other while looking into her/his eyes, you are set for a more real and relax conversation.
- Who do you most admire?
- How did they inspire you?
- What has been the most satisfying achievement of your life?
- Is there something you’ve always dreamt about doing?
- What is your most treasured possession, and why?