Ask a woman out without getting nervous
Everyone gets nervous, rather it be staying home by yourself or running in gym class. But in this case, asking out a woman, you can get extremely nervous. Here are some ways to keep your cool while asking someone out.
- Before you do it:
- Think of ways to relax all that tension. Meditate, singing, and reading are some good ways to ease some stress for the upcoming event.
- Don’t think too much about asking her out. It just freaks you out more.
- Calm Down while asking.
- As you’re pulling her aside for the question, take a few deep breaths and think only positively.
- Don’t fear rejection. This adds onto pressure, and you just might back down.
- If you feel shaky, lean against something. Not only will you not fall, but you’ll look a little more casual.
- Breathe normally. Otherwise it will also make your speech irregular and awkward.
- If you feel your hands get sweaty, put them behind your back.
- After the big moment:
- Contain yourself. It’s 100 percent normal to feel excited, a common mistake some make is to scream and run around. You will look like an idiot.
- Take some more deep breaths.
- To feel less nervous, have a good friend close by: just not close enough to hear everything you two are saying.
- Make sure you’ve gotten to know the person a little before you ask. Pulling aside your secret-as in no one but YOU knows-crush will not only be awkward for you, but them too. This will also reduce nerves because you have at least talked with them before.
- Be serious. Don’t be all like “heeeey, lets go out,” and playfully hit them. They’ll think that’s creepy.
- . Absolutely do not ask someone out with their friends around. If things go bad, there goes your reputation. Or, they might try to look cool and blow you off.